- Our hearts go out to World Union supporter and Board Member, Dennis Gilbert and his entire family on the tragic passing of his son, Shane Gilbert. May his memory be for a blessing.
- Condolences to our dear supporters, friends and visionaries, Nani and Austin Beutel on the passing of Nani’s mother, Millie Greenberg, at the age of 105. We wish the Beutel’s much comfort in the and strength in the memory of their times together and May Millie’s memory be for a blessing for many years to come.
- Mazal tov to Rabbi Nathan Alfred (Singapore) on his engagement to Shelly Nadasi. Please join the World Union in wishing the couple much health and happiness on this joyous occasion.
- Condolences to Sue and Kim Klau on the passing of Jim’s sister, Lucille. Sue and Jim are both long-time board members of the World Union, the Union for Reform Judaism, and key supporters of our work in the Former Soviet Union. We wish the entire Klau family comfort and strength in their family and community and may Lucille’s memory be for a blessing for many years to come.
- Mazal tov to Gilbert Lederman, WUPJ Executive Board Member, and his family on the birth of a grandchild.
- Condolences to Dr. Phillip Bliss, OAM, WUPJ Executive Board Member, and his wife Andrea, on the passing of Phillip’s brother, Henry. For more information, including the shiva address, click here. May the Bliss family be comforted among the mourners of Zion and and may Henry’s memory be for a blessing for many years to come.
- Our condolences to Mike Grabiner, former Chair of the WUPJ, and his wife, Jane, on the passing of Mike’s mother. Shiva prayers will be at 8pm: On Thursday evening, at 35 Uphill Road NW74RA; and on Saturday, and Sunday evenings, at Heath House,Turner Drive, London, NW11 6TX. May the Grabiner family know no more sorrow or suffering and may they find comfort and strength in their family and community, including World Union leadership and staff.
- Mazal tov to Rabbi Joel Oseran, VP Emeritus International Development of the World Union, and his wife Rochelle, on the birth their first grandchild, Gal, to their son, Ilan, and his wife Ada.
- Our condolences to Arthur Roswell, long-time supporter of the World Union, on the passing of his sister, Elaine R. Roswell, on December 23, 2017, at the age of 86. Elaine was born to the late parents of David and Florence Roswell in New York, NY and formerly of Hamden and New Haven, Connecticut and New Rochelle, New York before moving to Somerset in 2017. She was a talented musician and enjoyed playing the piano and reading. Elaine will be sadly missed by her family and friends. She is survived by her brother Arthur Roswell and his wife Betty, nephew Robert Roswell and his wife Barbara, and two nieces Margie Roswell, and Judy Weinstein and her husband Ken. Donations can be made to Temple Beth El, 67 Route 206 South Hillsborough, NJ 08844.
- Mazal tov to Dr. Philip Bliss OAM on the birth of a granddaughter
Sharing the joyous news, the World Union wishes long-time supporters, Andrea and Philip Bliss a hearty congratulations and mazal tov on the birth their granddaughter. Dr. Philip Bliss, OAM, is also a member of the World Union’s International Assembly and Chair of the Advocacy Committee. May the family enjoy much health and happiness in the years to come.
- Mazal tov to Miriam Kramer on the birth of a granddaughter
The World Union extends its joyous congratulations and heartiest mazal tov to Miriam Kramer, Chairman of the European Union for Progressive Judaism (EUPJ), and her husband, Stephen, on the birth of her first grandchild on August 30,2017. May the family enjoy much health and happiness in the years to come.
- Mazal tov to Rabbi Daniel H. Freelander on the birth of a granddaughter
With great joy and happiness in our hearts, the World Union family wishes a mazal tov to President Rabbi Daniel H. Freelander and his wife Rabbi Elyse Frishman on the birth of their first granddaughter, Aviva. We wish the growing family much health and nachas for many years to come.
- Mazal tov to David Robinson on the birth of a grandson
Please join the World Union in wishing a hearty congratulations and mazal tov to Maureen & David Robinson, Vice Chair of Finance of the WUPJ Management Committee, on the birth of their newest grandson, Samuel. We wish the growing family much health and happiness.
- Condolences to Andrew Keene on the passing of his grandmother
Please join the World Union in extending our deepest condolences to Andrew Keene, Executive Board Member, and his entire family, on the loss of his beloved grandmother, Barbara Bayles. May they know no more sorrow or suffering, and may Barbara’s memory be for a blessing for many years to come.
- Congratulations and mazal tov to Stephane Beder on the marriage of his son
With joy in our hearts, the World Union wishes congratulations and mazal tov to Jennifer and Stephane Beder, Senior Vice Chair of our Management Committee, on the wedding of his son earlier this month. We wish the newlyweds, and their families, many years of health and happiness.
- Congratulations and mazal tov to David Nissim on the birth of a son
We are excited to wish David Nissim and his wife Sarit mazal tov on the birth of their son. David is the Head of Security at Beit Shmuel – Mercaz Shimson. We wish them much health, happiness and joy for many years to come.
- Condolences to Janet Stovin on the passing of her sister and her niece
Please join the World Union in sending our deepest condolences to Janet Stovin, representative of the WUPJ to the UN in New York, on the passing of both her sister and her niece. May your family know no further suffering and may her memory be for a blessing.
- Congratulations and mazal tov to L. Tadd Schwab on the birth of a grandson
Please join us in wishing a hearty mazal tov to WUPJ Board Member Tadd and and his wife Sandy on the birth of their grandson. We wish the growing family much happiness, health and joy for so many years to come.
- Condolences to Rabbi Dr. Deborah Kahn-Harris on the passing of her father
The World Union expresses its deepest condolences to Deborah Kahn-Harris, Principal of Leo Baeck College, and her whole family on the passing of her father. May you know no more sorry and may his memory be for a blessing.