World Union for Progressive Judaism International Assembly
11-December, 2019 – Chicago, USA
Dear International Assembly and Executive Board member:
In accordance with protocol, Carole Sterling as chair empaneled a resolutions committee to spearhead the process of requesting, formulating and editing possible resolutions to be introduced before the IA at the meeting on 11-December, 2019, at 11.00-noon, in Chicago.
The committee includes the following members:
– Dr Philip Bliss OAM, Australia, Chairman
– Steve Lurie, South Africa
– Rabbi Professor Walter Homolka PhD, Germany
– Rabbi Danny Burkeman, North America
– Marie Sheinen, Russia
– Sharene Hambur, Australia
– Yaron Shavit, Israel
– Miriam Olchansky, South America
– Charles Rothschild, North America
– Rabbi Lea Muehlstein, UK
And also includes the following members:
– Carole Sterling, WUPJ Chair, North America
– Ambassador Rabbi DAvid Saperstein, WUPJ President, North America
– Ziva Haller Rubenstein, WUPJ Israel
– Eyal Ronder, WUPJ Israel
The committee reached out to all WUPJ regions requesting resolutions, and then held various meetings to arrive at a final set of suggestions.
These suggestions have also been reviewed by the WUPJ Management Committee.
Please find below the set of suggested resolutions:
Regional updates are included here:
- Update from the UPJ by Roger Mendelson, President of the Union for Progressive Judaism (UPJ) representing Autralia, New Zealand and Asia
- SAUPJ Report from Monica Solomon, Chair, on behalf of the South African Union for Progressive Judaism (SAUPJ)
- Highlights IMPJ 2018-19 from the IMPJ Israel Movement for Progressive and Reform Judaism. Read their full 2018-2019 Annual Report here.
- Annual Report from UJR-AmLat presenting updates from South America, the Union del Judaismo Reformista.
- Update from the FSU – Belarus, Russia and Ukraine from Rita Fruman, Director of Programs and Operations in the FSU, WUPJ
- EUPJ Report to WUPJ IA December 2019 and the EUPJ Annual Report 2018
The above will also be presented for discussion and approval at the meeting, as detailed in the meeting agenda.
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
Secretary, WUPJ Executive Board