Annual Report 2016 | Read about the highlights and impact of the work of the World Union for Progressive Judaism in 2016. We’re telling the stories from our congregations and members around the world that strengthen and unite our movement. Click here to read it online
Dec 7, 2017 | Boston, MA – The WUPJ and the WRJ invite you to the International Humanitarian Award Dinner and concert in honor of philanthropists Nani and Austin Beutel of Toronto, and Rabbi Meir Azari, visionary leader of Tel Aviv’s Daniel Centers for Progressive Judaism. Featuring the North American premier of the “Debbie Friedman Suite” performed by a full orchestra. Click here for the Press Release.
May 2017 | Jerusalem, Israel – CONNECTIONS 2017 is our international biennial conference, offering opportunities to learn, explore and engage in the diversity of our Progressive Jewish world in Jerusalem. This year’s focus, Milestones & Innovation, honored 200 years of Progressive Jewish history while exploring innovation in Jewish life and its impact on the future of our Jewish peoplehood. Click below for press articles covering our incredible event.
- Jun 1, 2017 “WUPJ CONNECTIONS 2017 – Different Language, One Heart,” by Rabbi Josh Lobel | CCAR RavBlog
- May 25, 2017 “To Save the Planet, Decarbonize Shabbat,” by Yosef Abramowitz | Times of Israel
- May 22, 2017 “A VILÁG REFORMZSIDÓSÁGA A MAGYAR REFORMZSIDÓK EGYHÁZI STÁTUSZÁNAK VISSZAÁLLÍTÁSÁT KÉRI,” Szombat(Hungary)
- May 21, 2017 PRESS RELEASE: World Union CONNECTIONS Conference Concludes in Jerusalem
- May 21, 2017 “Welcoming Jews on the Periphery,” by Rabbi Dow Marmur | San Diego Jewish World
- May 21, 2017 “WZO Seeks to Open Minds of Progressive Diaspora Jews in Tour of Gush Etzion,” by Tamara Zieve | Jpost
- May 19, 2017 “Empoderamento feminino,” CONGREGAÇÃO ISRAELITA PAULISTA (Brazil)
- May 19, 2017 “First Read for May 19: Uncontested Egalitarian Service Held in Area of Western Wall,” by Steve Lipman | The New York Jewish Week
- May 18, 2017 “Haredim and Arabs Set to Dominate Israel Population,” Jewish News (UK)
- May 18, 2017 “Progressive Jewish Group Brings, Read Torah at Western Wall Despite Ban,” by Jeremy Sharon | JPost
- May 18, 2017 “Progressive Jerusalem,” by Rabbi Daniel H. Freelander | Times of Israel
- May 18, 2017 “In Act of Defiance, Hundreds of Reform Jews Hold Special Service At Western Wall,” by Judy Maltz | Haaretz
- May 18, 2017 “Vientos de Cambio en el Movimiento Reformista,” Radio Jai (Argentina)
- May 18, 2017 “Grapevine: Up from Down Under,” by Greer Fay Cashman | Jpost
- May 17, 2017 PRESS RELEASE: World Union CONNECTIONS Conference Launches in Jerusalem
- Peruse our Flickr photo gallery
- Read Rabbi Daniel H. Freelander’s Shabbat Morning President’s Sermon, “Shabbat Behar-Bechukotai”| May 21, 2017, Jerusalem
- View ‘An Island of Peace,” by SodaStream, as presented by keynote speaker and SodaStream CEO, Daniel Birnbaum, at the conclusion of his inspiring talk on leadership, innovation, courage and creativity for individuals, societies like Israel, and movements like Reform Judaism.
- Revisit the keynote address by Yosef Abramowitz, aka Captain Sunshine, and CEO of Arava Power Company, and learn more about his efforts toward sustainable ecological innovation in Israel’s desert.
International Assembly Reports
Click on the reports below to learn more about the activities and progress of the World Union and its affiliated organizations and communities around the world.
International Assembly Annual Report 2014 [1032k]
International Assembly Annual Report 2013 [956k]
International Assembly Annual Report 2012 [481k]
International Assembly Annual Report 2011 [562k]
International Assembly Annual Report 2010 [407k]
International Assembly Annual Report 2009 [371k]
International Assembly Report 2006 [273k]
International Assembly Report 2007 [4194k]
International Assembly Report 2004 [414k]
International Assembly Report 2005 [239k]